Football season is almost over and Basketball season is right around the corner! Please check the calendar for important dates.
Anyone interested in trying out for the 2019 - 2020 cheerleading squads please check the website for important dates and follow us on Twitter and Instagram. This year we will be holding open practices in the spring for anyone interested in trying out.
***There has been a change in date for the post-tryout meeting. It will now be held MONDAY MAY 14th at 7:30 in the DSHS Cafeteria.*** This meeting is for everyone who makes the team and their parents.
If you are considering trying out for the 2018-2019 Dublin Scioto Cheeleading Squad please read the expectations below. All expectations are non-negotiable.
1. To be a member of the Dublin Scioto Cheerleading program you must be enrolled at Dublin Scioto High School.
2. Being a member of the team is a privilege. All members will be held to the highest standards as athletes, students and ambassadors of the school. Requirements include following the Athletic Code, passing (5) academic classes, maintaining a 2.0 GPA, and following all school rules. Academics do come first, but athletics are a choice. If you are unable to attend practices and maintain good grades simultaneously then you will need to remove yourself from the team to focus on your grades.
3. Members are expected to purchase items such as shoes, bows, greenies, practice outfit, socks, team bag and other items necessary for the complete uniform.
4. Fundraising is required of all members. Events such as kids camp and car washes are MANDATORY team events.
5. Attendance is MANDATORY at all scheduled practices, games and team events. August practice (8/1 - 8/10) is required for ALL team members with the exception of any member in a fall Scioto sport. In season practices will be 3-5 days a week. Football games are once a week, basketball games are 2-3 times a week. The football schedule is already on the calendar. Family vacations are NOT an excuse to miss practice or games. If you plan to try out for Basketball cheerleading be aware there ARE games over winter break. If you cannot attend August practice and/or have conflicts with games or practices you might not be able to tryout for a squad. Club sports and/or all-star cheerleading are also NOT acceptable excuses. If you will miss more than one game you cannot tryout for that season.
6. Dublin Scioto Cheerleaders are Athletes. We will be stretching and conditioning at EVERY practice. Be prepared to work hard to improve your skills every practice.
7. Together we're stronger. All team members will be held to the same standards and high expectations from the coaches. Failure to follow the above expectations will result in consequences and possible removal from the team.
8. As coaches we are all in on helping every member of the team become the best they can be! We are looking for student athletes who are committed to being leaders and constantly pushing themselves and their teammates to improve. If you want to be a part of our team and can follow the above expectations please come tryout!
Tryout information is in the post below! Go Irish!